There’s a reason why wine is poured in a specific type of glass. You can use mugs, jars, cups for drinking wine, however, pouring in a wine glass is the best way to experience and learn about the wine. If you’re wondering why wine is poured in various glasses, then these are some of the different types of wine glass used.
- Red Wine Glass – If you wish to learn about the flavors of the tannins and spices, then this type of glass helps you. One important tip would be to choose a glass consisting of wide opening. This opening will help you to learn various odors and smoothness of the wine.
- Standard Wine Glass for Red Wine –Wine consisting of medium to full-bodied along with high alcohol content can only be enjoyed in such type of glass. One of the main reason behind this is the presence of small openings that allows the wine to hit the throat directly. Syrah, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah are some of the best red wines to be enjoyed in such type of glass.
- White Wine Glass –This glass has a bowl-like appearance that preserves various flavors, aromas etc of the wine. You can enjoy white wines such as Chardonnay, orange and white Rioja wines.
- Bourgogne Glass –If you love enjoying red wine consisting of light and delicate aromas, then Bourgogne glass works wonders. This glass has a round large bowl that allows the wines aromas to get collected. Some of the best wines that works well in such a glass include Pinot Noir, Schiava, Freisa, Gamay etc.
- Bordeaux Glass –Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc etc are old wines that can only be enjoyed when poured in a Bordeaux glass. What makes this glass special is the fact the wine tastes a lot smoother that allows the alcohol to evaporate quickly.
Take swan valley tours to learn more about wines.